Thursday, June 08, 2006

Walking through Times Square with my iPod


Walking through Times Sq.
Hustling and bustling
Dazzling display of neon light
Flock of pigeons takes flight
Chestnuts roasting..breezy caress
All the worlds a Concert Place..
Perfectly choreographed
Dancing ..swaying
To the strains of Dvoraks New World..
Is that a baton waving in my direction..?
Never mind..
It’s the middle finger
of some babbling cabbie
Defending his yellow box seat

Picking up the tempo a tad
Track 2
EQ
All is good again..
Ahh The Beatles.
Accompanying..this grand cast
All the lonely people..
And yellow submarines..
Swarming..moving..
Blending.. grooving..
I’m sorry..did I bump you with my bag?
The look in your eyes..
Your jawing angry mouth
Sends me one feed..
But all I hear is
Love is all you really need...

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You capture the spirit that is New Yawk!!

July 11, 2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Didn't notice this earlier. Good capturing the big apple.

July 11, 2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

'sfunny -I was just walking the other day, and instead of listening to it on my iPod, I was singing "all the lonely people" in my head. all the lonely people, where do they all come from... (very apropos for the bright city lights of times square...)

July 12, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger the only way i know said...

these vagabond shoes.......
are longing to stray.......
i want to be a part of it.......

(leaving the rest for your comment/response!! lol)

July 12, 2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

In NYC, you bumped into someone with a murderous look and you live to tell the tale...
you must be one big guy!

July 12, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Genendy said...

I still love this one!

July 12, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

Love it. I feel as though I just visited-- though I've never been there. Thanks for the trip

July 12, 2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

totally captures the feeling!

everyone moving to their own soundtrack...

July 12, 2006 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home