Monday, April 28, 2014

hazard lights

.


theres a soft spot in my heart
for that little used button
in every car..with the red
triangle…
that button
takes me back
to when I was a boy
and I’d play in my fathers car
the old brown impala
where you could roll down the window
with the power off
and the only thing that worked
with the engine off
was that hazard button
gosh…both lights would blink
and my imagination would
take me places…lord knows where
but my smile was ear to ear
as I opened and closed em
and turned the wheel 
a few centimeters
if I pulled 
…...hard enough


.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Rachelli said...

Chills... like always...

May 04, 2014 1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss this blog...

Prag

March 09, 2016 10:22 AM  
Blogger the sabra said...

Ditto, prag.
Miss our blogging era, in general.

September 25, 2016 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Me said...

Ditto

October 27, 2016 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Best amazon products said...

This is a wonderful post.
best makeup organizer

April 26, 2017 4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home