Thursday, April 28, 2011

I am the Messiah

.


Redemption.

A word that has inspired, created strong feelings of longing, driven people to extreme action, caused frustration and hope and left people in disappointed despair.

I've got news for you. I'm tired of waiting for a Messiah to save the world.
Come to think of it, I'm tired of feeling that the world needs to be saved.
All I know is that there's a man here that is just as complex as the entire universe who is comprised of light and dark, body and soul. Who has a piece of God inside of him and all of humanity coursing through his veins.
I have no control over the world but I have control over this man/universe and I have every intention of being his Messiah.
I will engage demons, conquer forbidding lands and free suffering children.
I will also fall, but I will always get right back up stronger than before.
I will love and accept myself and my newfound freedom and in turn love the world around me.
I will conquer death by conquering her terror.
I am no longer awaiting a superman like figure to come flying on a donkey to save my sorry soul.

Redemption.

A word that inspires hope and courage.
But most of all. A call to action.

Perhaps this is what the Talmud means by "Ein Ben David Ba'ah Elah B'hesech Hadaas"
Moshiach will only come when everyone forgets about him.
Yes...forget about externals.
There's a Messiah inside everyone of us.
There is a world that awaits redemption.
Inside every one of us.


.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shades of Grey said...

This is a truly inspiring piece. I particularly like the very different, nuanced approach that you present here, along with the creative reading of the Gemara. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.

May 03, 2011 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home