Wednesday, September 28, 2011

sweet new year


.



I would never dare to say this on my own accord.

I'll just repeat what The Holy Shpole Zeide said to Hashem..one Rosh Hashana in the presence of The Holy Barditchever, R' Zishe of Anipoli and a few other Tzadikim. They were bemoaning the terrible fate of the poor and hounded Jews in Russia.
He raised his hand to heaven and said...

Holy father...I know that you love us and mean our good..but I promise you that bringing hardships and pain is not bring us any closer to Teshuvah.
So what's the point of all this suffering?

I'm begging you, treat your children with kindness....


This year was a rough year..and every time there was a tragedy, I read the comments on different websites, where readers write messages like "Oy wake up Yidden! We need to do Teshuvah!" and "Everyone go Daven..and stop Machlokes...!!".


And then..the next tragedy..and the same comments.

And I sigh and think of The Shpole Zeide....
And I'm afraid to write this but I have this image of a really strict father at a therapists office opposite his delinquent son.
The therapist turns to the father and says..."I know you mean well..by all your punishments..but we have to be honest....it's not helping.."

May we merit a year in which we feel and appreciate Hashems love for us......his children.



.

2 Comments:

Blogger Altie said...

Amen. Thanks for bringing out this important point.

September 28, 2011 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Elle said...

This is the most honest Rosh Hashanah post I have read yet... I'm glad you shared this.

September 28, 2011 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home