Monday, July 23, 2007

i,Prison


Here I am thinking about Tisha B'Av and the fact that the true tragedy is not that a building was destroyed 2000 years ago but that the Shechina and Hashems presence is in exile. Its in exile within us.
My Neshama is a Chelek Elohai Mimaal, a piece of the Shechina and he's imprisoned in my body..that has it's own agenda..

I'm just picturing the press conference..
How mortifying it'll be..
when after a 2000 year intensive manhunt..spanning the entire universe..
They'll find the shechina bound and gagged..
in MY attic..

.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger the dreamer said...

Ouch.
That hurt.

July 23, 2007 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daaavid... I haven't been in here in a couple of days... and when I come back all you have are such sad posts.. beautiful nonetheless of course.
I'm assuming things will start being a little happier once the nine days have passed...

July 23, 2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger the only way i know said...

WOW -
the sad thing is, that none of us will say 'Whew! - it's in David's attic! So we're okay.'
Many of us feel as you do.
Thanks for expressing it.
Every little thing we do counts.
Hopefully - your attic will be searched.. and the key that unlocks this galus, will be sitting there shining in all its glory.

Amen!

July 24, 2007 6:22 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I was going to say ouch but yeah intense.

July 24, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

Yeah... what they said.

July 25, 2007 2:56 AM  
Blogger Chaya said...

Whew! It's in David's attic! I'm ok then.

July 25, 2007 10:09 AM  
Blogger the only way i know said...

chaya
:-p

lol

July 25, 2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

dreamer...
sorry..didnt mean to hurt u...

allie...
welcome back..
Thanks...
well Judaism is all about seasons and moods..
I guess this'll be known as my blue period..lol

Towik...
Thanks...
You BETTER not say that..I'm expecting you to defend me..
:-)

swfm...
thanks..

bas...
ye

chaya...
funny..lol

July 25, 2007 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home