Friday, August 08, 2008

Birth



Pacing
Pacing
Pacing
Anxious pacing..
Helpless pacing...
Keeping pace with my heart..
Keeping pace with...
That panting...
Shrieking woman..
Next door...the
One resembles my wife
Of endless years..
Hours of labor..
Feet up exposed...
Veins bulging..
Terrible shrieking...
Anxxxxiiiieeeettyyyy
Blood...pain...
surging through
The crack of the door..
Heart pounding..
Screams resounding..
Her eyes meet mine..
Utter sad exhaustion..tears..
Pathetic response from me..
What can I do?
Another pain..rips her eyes away..
And reddens her contorted face...
Pain
Pain
Pain
And then
B
I

R


T


H

Deeeep breath..

Its a boy..
A breathing..life..
..the hope of our nation


May we be zoche...to an end of this madness...
May the pain that the shechina feels...
Lead to a new birth...
Because...while we might have so many distractions
...at our disposal..
For the shechina..
There is no epidural...



.