Wednesday, April 01, 2009

dusty tomes


Dusty seforim..revisited..
Fanning through slightly..
Yellowed pages...
Hallowed letters..
Old notes...flutter to the floor..
I stand on the stool and sigh..
As my eyes scan....scrawled letters..
Who wrote these?
Who once dreamt of knowing all this?
Whose heart once warmed..
At the thought of long winter nights..
Early mornings..
Of knowing...and accomplishing..
Now...im choking...in a cloud of dust..
Of vast knowledge..
Surrounding me
Transparently..
Choking me..mocking me..with its sheer futility
Tomes...suddenly heavy in my hands..
Tombs..of pages and words.....
And yet...the dreams...
Those same dreams..still..warm my heart..
Still lighten the load...
Because..after all..
Apparently...it was I..
And tomorrow is still there..
..forever there
well...
not exactly forever..
but..

sigh


.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger corner point said...

That's...beautiful...

April 02, 2009 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home