Friday, June 12, 2009

overheard on a rainy day



New York street..rainy day

excuse me...sir..I bought this umbrella from you..
and somethings terribly wrong
I bought it...2 weeks ago..
and it still
......works

I'd like my money back!




Very strange, whenever it starts to rain in the city, umbrella vendors start magically appearing all over the streets..as if from thin air.
Well the other day, just as it started to drizzle I decided to look closely and get to the bottom of this strange phenomena.
Do you remember those Fisher Price pop up farm toys (see picture below). Thats exactly what happens!
As soon as it starts to rain selected sidewalk squares flip over very fast and voila, there's your umbrella vendor.
Amazing

4 Comments:

Anonymous eve said...

This is the whimsical style that got me reading this blog 2 yrs ago.

Original!

:)

June 12, 2009 3:25 PM  
Anonymous dini said...

I second eve

June 14, 2009 12:29 PM  
Blogger corner point said...

Yeah, that's cool. Where in the world do they come from? Think they keep the umbrellas under those black material tableclothed tables they keep those fake designer bags/hats on? ...hm....

(Lol. The Fisher Price picture was taken on my birthday!)

June 18, 2009 5:39 PM  
Blogger Something Different said...

No no you got it all wrong. It's like in roller coaster tycoon, when it starts to rain. You freeze the game, build loads of umbrella stalls, unfreeze, then when the rain stops you freeze again and demolish all of those stalls. ;-)

July 05, 2009 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home