Sunday, May 31, 2009

graveyard village

I drive through town..observantly..
as if passing through a cemetery..
noting the cruel irony..
inherent in the names I see...
how cruel to remove completely..
and then rename
the new flame..
with the same..
so..I drive past..and offer a silent prayer..
rest in peace...
rest in peace..
those that are no longer..
rest in peace..whispering pines..
and white oaks...
and red ones too..
pine rivers..and
brook hills...

and then I come across one called..
New Cedar...as if..
looking sheepishly..the developer..
says ...well....
dont be perturbed by the loss of 100s of cedars..
these..are new cedars..you see...
yes these shimmering vinyl hideous things..

rest in peace...


.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mystery Woman said...

I guess this wasn't meant to be funny....but you ARE so funny.
Love it!

June 01, 2009 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so correct.

Clearcutting is a disaster.

I wish there would be a law that would require developers to surgically remove trees in order to build houses.

It is possible.

Surgically removing trees would balance the need for housing while benefiting our environment.

It can be done. I wish Lakewood would be smart to see this.

June 11, 2009 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home