Tuesday, November 10, 2009

update and observation

New story on the way...

I've noticed something quite peculiar around Lakewood.
Every morning I see High School girls by the hundreds walking..walking briskly...sometimes miles, to their respective schools.
They can be seen walking two by two..or three by three with their uniforms no matter what the weather.

At the same time you'll inevitably see Yeshiva Bochurim lazily standing on the shoulder of the road with their thumbs sticking up, hat on a tilt, Tefillin dangling haphazardly.
The absolute picture of laziness.

Something wrong with this picture?


.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mystery Woman said...

You can see exactly the same thing in Boro Park/ Flatbush. I never saw it that way, though. The boys do it because they can. My son is one of those boys with their thumbs out. My daughter...no way would she do that. It's too dangerous.
Laziness? I don't know... Maybe you're right...

November 10, 2009 2:06 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Over half of the drivers at that time..are women so I dont see what the problem would be.

November 11, 2009 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home