Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a moment in time



What is
...a moment in time?
does it move?
(toward us like a gentle breeze...and pass)

...or do we have to bring it in?
(like a gaze from someone we love)

does it even...exist?
..or does it
......just support
whatever happens
...to be happening
.........................then
(like hands holding a coffin aloft)

How many moments go
.....unfelt
unused
.......untouched
?

until..we're gasping
....grasping
at the final ones floating

........away


One thing is certain about these elusive things..
called moments
.....it is the only way to access
your soul...
....your life




As The Virgin Queen with her dying words did sayeth..

"All my possessions.....for a..
.....moment in time"



.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Sun inside Rain said...

Stunning poem. Really...this is something else.

October 14, 2010 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, as always

October 14, 2010 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful, as always

October 14, 2010 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RAW talent... that touches the soul... (and I mean that as the highest compliment)

I love to visit and read your blog every so often... (and did leave comments on a few older posts to acknowledge that)...

...and (forgive me for being sexist but) I always leave, though, wondering how you, of the male persuasion, could write such brilliant, soul-touchingly original poetic narratives (and magically match those photos/graphics to boot!)

TB

October 14, 2010 11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another thing.

Does it take you alot of time to create/write?

I wonder because... while I believe I have within me a "writer"... my obligations in life just don't allow for the luxury of time... which I believe it would take to peel away those layers... "let go"... and create something... worthy...

TB

October 14, 2010 11:41 PM  
Blogger Soul Comfort said...

I think I just had one of those moments while reading your work of literary art.

October 16, 2010 10:11 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Thank you..you kind people..

TB (I always think tuberculosis..)
Poems aren't that time consuming..it's sort of a feeling I get..that I quickly type down and leave as is..unedited.
Stories are more consuming..that's why they're few and far between.
(I am almost finished one though)

October 18, 2010 4:20 PM  
Anonymous dini said...

Beautiful, Dave

October 19, 2010 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home