Thursday, December 22, 2011

deep in the woods


.


Deep in the woods
cold and dazed
been walking for
days
..and weeks
perhaps years
oh there are people
here and there
..but they dont see me
and it's so dark
the moon has gone
I can no longer
.........move
I grab onto
..the tallest TrEE
in the woods
I become rooted
..this is what must've
happened to the trees
......I muse
confused
when suddenly
..........a light
verrry faint
but....a light!
my weakened legs
propel me
breathless
...running
barefoot
scraping my skin
against thorny
barbed wire
thru brushfire
..into brick
walls
..medieval
through roman
cobblestone
I can see it now
..its a temple
familiar
...........glory
I stop..to gasp
but i remember the story
...........so I hurry
to reach it
..before
tis extinguished
I tumble down
the dark hill
...into the valley
and then back
up the hill
I shield my eyes
from the light
panting in the
shadows of her
.....ramparts
drawn to the
healing warmth
...I find him
and warn him
of the imminent end
but he looks at me
quizzically
and says
...son this is it
the 3rd one
..no one is taking
this away
.
I step back out
and look out
..over the woods
below
low lying
flanked by 2
mirroring mountains
..and temples
the one across
distant....in flames
and there..in
....the valley
I can faintly make out
.......the tallest
TrEE in the woods
and a young man
...lighting
a menorah
at its base
.





.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

December 22, 2011 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Student said...

Epic!

December 26, 2011 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home