Friday, March 30, 2012

luck of the draw..

After hours of crunching numbers I've come to the conclusion that it's worth a $2 investment for the chance at winning $540 million.
$360,000,000 didn't quite do it for me.
Apparently millions of other people have been crunching the number as I have..

Amazingly If one were to buy up every single number combination possible, thus guaranteeing a win, it would cost $176 million which would amount to a profit of $117,000,000 after taxes.
Pssst...anyone have $176 million to lend?
I promise to pay you back next week.

Oh wait a minute..that's only if I'm the sole winner.

Oh..and even if it took 5 seconds to fill out each card..it would take 28 years to fill out all the cards.

But maybe a yeshiva with hundreds of volunteers and a large stash of funds could take advantage?

One other thing...according to the National Lottery Commission you'd use up the national supply of lottery paper and printing ink before you could print up all your tickets..and I aint investing $176,000,000 unless I know every SINGLE last number combo is covered.
Because after all..the same cosmic forces that might make someone a millionaire with a single number combination could make me a pauper...with that very same combination..if it's the one ticket I didn't buy...


.


.

5 Comments:

Blogger Altie said...

:) I love this. The irony is great. Good luck I hope you win! (And I say that with a full heat because I didn't buy a ticket.)

March 30, 2012 10:54 AM  
Anonymous eve said...

So is this your official stance on the lottery?
Cuz.. you sang a very different tune in your last post on the subject.

March 30, 2012 2:48 PM  
Anonymous David said...

No this is not an official stance. Just an observation.

March 30, 2012 4:07 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

that's quite some mathematics there:)

I usually must but one,like you said "THE ONE" needs no more to make me win (if even one is needed)

April 04, 2012 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Lady-Light said...

Yup. Exactly. I bought one ticket too. Next time...

April 26, 2012 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home