Sunday, July 30, 2017

Vega

I lay back in the grass...

Oh that summer 

70 degree scent...

Gazing up at the night sky...

slowly disconnecting 

from our planet 

Levitating

Rising

past the fleeting fireflies...

...the tired night flights

heading to Europe 

Constellations...

mysteries

of the night 

My eyes are

invariably drawn

to Vega...

I'm not really sure why....

maybe it's the fact

that at just 25 light years away

it's one of our closest neighbors..

maybe i love the fact that 

the light that I now see

departed during the heady 

summer nights...of '92...

when I was all of 18

a carefree boy....

sitting at a fire

The light

of my unburdened smile....

just reaching vega 

......tonight




.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Altie said...

<3 I miss your writing.

August 06, 2017 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home