Friday, November 27, 2009

crooked


I came out of the office the other day and proceeded to fetch my car. This wasn't very difficult, as it was the only car left in the lot.
Any casual observer looking at my car at that moment would assume that I'm the worst parker in the world. My car was situated haphazardly at an extremely odd angle.
A mathematician would have delighted in the previously unheard of angles I had created.

However if you would have been there earlier when I parked, you would have seen that the way all the cars around me were situated really left me no choice but to squeeze my car in that way and it would have seemed perfectly natural.
It's only now..that I'm out of that context that you see how crooked..

And I thought to myself..
How can we ever judge anyone?
Do you know what kind of environment that person grew up in?
When you see someone haphazard, you're seeing them exposed, out of context.
If you would have followed him/her from birth it all might make sense. People are formed and squeezed into the people, enviroment and actions around them and sometimes when experiences surrounding them are on odd angles there is only one spot in which this person can squeeze into..and that might be a crooked one as well.
So do not be quick to judge that person..when all the cars around him/her have disappeared from your view.


.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous chav said...

i've thought that. often.

it's a shame how no one walks around with their past history floating over their heads, for all to see. then when they screw up, people can just look at their story and say, "ooooh, okayyy....that fits."

November 28, 2009 8:36 PM  
Blogger Rivka Photography said...

That is so true. No two people are the same, and we live in a society that constantly wants to compare people to each other.
That's neat how you saw all that in the crooked way you parked!

November 28, 2009 11:12 PM  
Anonymous dini said...

loved it

November 29, 2009 2:09 PM  
Blogger Mystery Woman said...

So so true.

November 30, 2009 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely put , as always.

November 30, 2009 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Pytahgoras said...

This is one of the best posts I have read in a long time.

-Pythagoras

December 05, 2009 4:48 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Thanks

December 07, 2009 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home