Friday, November 17, 2006

la la land


In honor of another long delicious Friday Night..I'm reprinting an apropriate poem...from a few months back..

It’s that time..
That perfect time..
When lights go off
One by one
And silence reigns

If it did not exist..
Men would invent this sensation
And men would pay a fortune
To savor her inebriation

But every human being
Has access to her bliss
Can enter it and be enveloped
In her celestial kiss

Its that time when day becomes a foggy dream
And dreams become reality..

We slip into a world..of mystery
And come out with nary a memory
An image..a scent...sights
Too fantastic to comprehend

Dancing elephants...streets carpeted green
Shadows...endless stairways...
Faces from beyond...another world
A mysterious smile...do I know her..?

I’ll never take it for granted
Every night a new ride..
A new adventure

I truly love my bed...my cocoon, my hideaway
I truly love the dreams...that take me far away...
That take me beyond the day.

Good night.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie B said...

Ditto-- now I want to snuggle up and drink some coca

November 17, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

:) nice

shavua tov

November 18, 2006 5:42 AM  
Blogger Sara with NO H said...

I slept today more than I've ever slept during shabbos. I'm still groggy lol. Really cute post. Hope the little ones gave you a chance to get some zzzz's this shabbos. gut voch.

November 18, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I love the long Friday nights who doesn't ?

November 18, 2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger Dovid said...

mmmm. so cozy....

November 19, 2006 1:45 AM  
Blogger smb said...

cool, someone else who also thinks of dreams as adventures.

November 19, 2006 2:23 AM  
Blogger anonym00kie said...

this morning, after a great night's sleep, i can really appreciate this. youre just lucky i didnt read it last night when i couldnt fall asleep, i would have left you a nasty comment :)

November 19, 2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger kasamba said...

Ohhh, you're making it sound so good, I think I'll retire now!

November 19, 2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

moiy...
you sure waz steve..

bonnie...
gonna assume u meant cocoa..lol

sarah...
thanks

headoverheel...
ahh hows lala land treating u..?

sara...
shabbos afternoon..i rarely getmore than an hour in the winter..but friday night..ahhhh

November 19, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

swfm...
the grinch?

dovid...
indeed..

lvnsm...
they really are..!

m00kie...
lol...counting my lucky stars..(or sheep)

kas...
layla tov...shhh

November 19, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger beautiful-stranger said...

nice pic! its causing me to drift off my seat, and start floating above the the clouds, with a comfy pillow positioned under my neck

November 19, 2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

OOps! I should read what I write before I hit publish-- lol

November 20, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

Glad to see I'm not the only who recycles:)
Nice poem
"Too fantastic to comprehend"
I'd pay a fortune to understand some of the weird and illogical dreams I have.

November 20, 2006 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yawn

November 20, 2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

beautifulstranger...
welcome to my blog..
when u dream..anything is possible..

bonnie..
lol..yup

prag...
well...theres a huge turnover of commenters..
if youd understand them they wouldnt be so magical..

lady...
hands u a pillow

November 20, 2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I don't know...I've never been a good sleep-dreamer. My dreams are the best when I'm still awake!

But those moments cuddled and huddled in a warm blanket and my head on top of a mushy pillow are worth all the strange and incomprehensible moments that follow...

November 28, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

okee...
lol..
I like that last sentence...thats exactly what it is..

November 29, 2006 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home