Monday, November 12, 2007

autumn lullaby


Laying on my hammock sunday...I watch the thousands of leaves form this beautiful kaleidescope of color against the clear blue sky..but I can't enjoy a minute of it..knowing that in a few weeks every single one of those leaves will be the cause of back breaking raking..

But I can enjoy my little son resting with me..and so I find myself singing him a little lullaby...


Rock a bye baby, in the treetop,
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks, the cradle will drop..
oh great.... one more thing for me to rake up




.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger come running said...

That's got to be the best ending.

You are too funny!!!

November 12, 2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger the dreamer said...

LOL.
I should hope you don't rake up your son...
he's more precious than that...

November 13, 2007 12:52 AM  
Blogger SS said...

That was very funny...

November 13, 2007 4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quel dommage!
shall i start a blues band, or do you prefer violin?
(smile)
yes, very funny!

p.s. "come running"--that is a beloved photo!

November 13, 2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

CR...
Thanks...

dreamer...
no no not my baby...the mythical baby in the cradle..
(actually its King James II of Englands son...accordng to the history of this lullaby)

ss..
thanks..

22...
definitely violin..
I play it..
:-)

November 13, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Laying what? :)

cute

November 13, 2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger corner point said...

Technically you could just pick up the cradle...

Unless it was smashed to smithereens...in which case...
Oooh. Too gruesome to think about

November 13, 2007 11:26 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

beth...
hmmm u got me there...
Ok..laying my hecticity down to rest..
:-)

CP...
oy..well...this cradle comes with optional airbags..so hopefully the baby will be alright..

November 14, 2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

What kind of abusive parent puts their kid in a treetop... and to sing about it, too -- must be pathological.

:-)

November 14, 2007 11:05 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Bas_m...
yea..it is kinda strange...
:-)

November 15, 2007 10:33 AM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

You play violin, too? Should have known. It's so "you."

November 15, 2007 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home