Monday, January 26, 2009

midlife junction...


Trains..as they are...
are useful metphors
as you’ve seen no doubt..
Metaphors for life...and all that
that journey..that journey..
that unending mysterious journey
And so I found myself..
On just such a metaphor
comfortable as I could afford
Plush content..first class..
Waiting for the words at last..
The ideas..in the wind...
In my hair..
When suddenly I discern..
just around the turn..
A slowly approaching train..
Unscheduled
I note with disdain..
How did it get here..?
I wonder as aloud..
As is allowed
In a poem..
But the humor falls flat.
The closer it gets..
Decrepid..and unnerving..
I peer through my scope..
And turn white as a ghost..
.........disturbing vision
A white haired..version..
Of me..
ME peering back..
Back..with a sad longing...
Panic..gripping...
choking...
..my lungs
As the trains..
......near..
Slowly..
and prepare
to meet
..to switch
at...Midlife Junction..


.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

time goes very fast, it is indeed scary. But at least we can still make the most of now

January 29, 2009 12:44 AM  
Blogger the dreamer said...

happy birthday.
:P

January 29, 2009 12:15 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I think theres a moment in everyones life...when we see the other train coming..
I guess that would be what we call mid life crisis..

lvnsm
ltns

January 30, 2009 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre too young for a midlife crisis
youre one of the lucky ones who see the train coming still in time to switch to a different track
you got a glimpse of what could be, but you get to decide what will be..

February 16, 2009 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home