Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Missing Man


I have to..
I had to...
I have to have this because...
I had to do that because...
It's just what we do...
Stop asking me so many questions!!

Like Eichmann 
who had to follow orders
..and the guy on the train
with the earring
...and the one next to him
with the hat
...and the woman next to him
tired...has to make dinner
for her family..
...because it's what we
HAVE to do DAMMIT

Angry Resentful People
trying so hard

Did you notice..?
there was one person
so obviously missing
amongst the thousands

...the most important
person on earth


The Individual

the free individual human being
who makes choices
and lives with eyes wide
o     p     e    n

I choose to...
I chose to...

(it really makes no
difference why
you choose to)
If it's my choice
I own it

Do not take away my breath..by
smothering me in
"has to"
do not halve me
with "have to"s

Empower me
Educate me
Inspire me

I get up in the morning
..and go to work
because I choose to
..she makes dinner
because she chooses
...to keep her family fed
and happy
...and when she chooses not to
she doesn't
..and lives with the consequences
a human being

tomorrow night
I will choose to accept 
Gods gift

why?
because it's what I choose to do
and that's all that matters



.

4 Comments:

Blogger Altie said...

I love your poetry.

May 24, 2012 3:29 PM  
Anonymous David said...

Thank You

May 24, 2012 4:25 PM  
Anonymous RD said...

You should plaster this on a billboard across the world... we need more missing men in this world... too bad they are missing...

June 19, 2012 11:59 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

your writing haunts me in a good way. I love it.

July 16, 2012 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home