Sunday, November 26, 2006

The loneliest moment...


Disclaimer: No one was hurt making this post..

I don’t know who you are
I saw you..for a minute..from my car
I’ll never see you again

neither will anyone else

How can I ever heal..
watching the end of your reel
Sad
Intimate
Lonely
How many love you?
How many miss you?
How many have you loved and known?
There you are ..so alone
As it all ebbs away..
The unexpected final day..
Your young beautiful face
Last seen...illuminated
By a riot of harsh
Flashing red and blue
On the side of a lonely night road
Surrounded by strange faces
Rushing..yelling..
You try to panic..but you have no strength

Is this how it ends?
What about all your plans?
Just like that..
Its all over..
We plan
We live
We don’t think about the end..
We make friends
We marry
We have families..

Then the loneliest
Moment
The moment
That crushes you
With its sheer
presence
Panic
PANIC

Will it last a moment?
Or 5 months?
Horrific crash?
Illness?
Old age..in my sleep?
Surrounded by..
Young grieving children?
Middle aged relieved adults?
Illuminated by
a soft bedside lamp?
A harsh operating light?
Flashing lights on the side of a lonely night road?

This powerful force
We call life
Won’t let us see it coming
Even now after writing this
Its just not sinking in

Its no use..I’ll feel it when it’s here...

Pass the ice cream please...

.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger anonym00kie said...

we'd be paralyzed with fear if it did sink in but its a scary realization tho when it flashes through your mind.. but im wondering.. what flavor ice cream?

November 26, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Sara with NO H said...

I was flying back from e"y after yom tov and there was a huge shudder in the plane. Everyone sort of grabbed one another and I was there with my ipod as the seatbelt sign went on quickly and the pilot asked the stewardesses to take their seats. Panic struck and there were a few cries out loud and I sat there totally at ease. My heart didn't even flutter as I thought, hmm this could be it.

November 26, 2006 6:07 PM  
Blogger Independent Frum Thinker said...

I guess that's why we should always be prepared. One can never know. It's a scary thought, but the way of life.

November 26, 2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I get that panic sometimes. It just hits me...and all I can think is no-no-no-no-no. Denial that it'll ever happen I guess...But G-d created us this way. The will to live is stronger than almost any other drive we have. So, drive safely, eat healthy, and daven a lot.

(Of course, eating healthy doesn't mean you can't eat ice cream. It's good for the panic...)

November 26, 2006 10:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

i'm gonna have to think about this one for a bit...

November 27, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger the only way i know said...

pass the tissues please
pass the siddur
pass a hug
pass anything, but the ice cream...

beautiful

November 27, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very deep not sure what it means though but nice writing.

November 28, 2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger chaverah said...

wow, interesting post. David do you feel like this? or is this just experimenting writing?

November 28, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

m00kie...
Thats true...who wants to be paralized?

The ice cream was BlueBury of courpse..

sara...
lol...but alas..it was not..

Indendatn...
exactly..right

okeee....
hmm I do get that sometimes...rarely...but that never stopped me from eating icecream

sarah...
take ur time...

November 28, 2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

towik...
ok..ok..just dont pass out...

kiddush...
well no one has ever come back to report from the other side..

swfm...
not either sure..lol

chavera...
I feel like this on occasion...not alot..its just the fact..

November 28, 2006 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you so angry David

November 29, 2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger the sabra said...

o and i like the picture you chose for this

November 30, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

sabra...
Thanks...

December 01, 2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home