Friday, May 04, 2007

Lag B'Omer, Meron


Do not play until after Shabbos. Contains Music

Lag B’Omer in Meron
Darkness descends
Masses ascend
One purpose One destination
One soul ..The soul of a nation..
The soul of Our soul Revealed
The Zohar..
Incredible
Indelible
Experience
2000 years
The soul of our wisdom..
Breathing life into generations
Into me...
Higher and Higher up the mountain...
Inside...Inside...Inside
Inside
Hod sheb'Hod
Always inside...
Everything outside
Falls to the wayside

Look at the bonfire..
At the bottom...dirty wood smoldering
Higher...hot flames dancing
Higher yet...sparks...soaring..
Thousands of sparks....filling the dark sky
Look higher...
Always higher...
At every human flame...

Pushing into the hot sweaty...room..
Lifted into the air...crying..praying...
Breathing..soaking...swaying
Dancing..swirling...
Inside..Inside..
Immersed in Jews..
Throngs crushing the life out of me..
Until I too become a spark..
And float high above...
Into the cool Galil night..
Its all good..
Its all high...
Rabi Shimon Bar Yochai



.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I can't I just don't know if I could control myself I have to press that button, somebody help me please!:)

May 04, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

You can do it SWFM! Only about 30 more hours to wait!

hm... never been to Meron on Lag Baomer. I don't think I would appreciate it; I can't stand crowds and from what I hear it is out of control.

But you've described the spiritual experience very tangibly. Thank you. Can't wait to see the video...

May 04, 2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger anonym00kie said...

last year i promised myself id be in meron this year for lag baomer..

but im not :(

May 04, 2007 4:53 PM  
Blogger the only way i know said...

i got to listen to it first!
:-)
happy chag lag!

May 05, 2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger chana said...

mmmmmm :)

May 05, 2007 10:34 PM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

Ach! I was waiting for this and now the video isn't showing up for me... :(
Ah well, I have other things I've been waiting to listen to!

May 05, 2007 11:54 PM  
Blogger C said...

Beautiful description. Brought up good memories of last year. Thanks.

May 06, 2007 1:31 AM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

OK, I got it now. Very nice... very crowded... Not surprisingly, most of the people in the vid were chaseedish-- I would love a glimpse of the everybodies who gathere there...

May 06, 2007 2:53 AM  
Blogger smb said...

beautiful

man I would love to go to meron for lag b'omer

May 06, 2007 6:17 AM  
Blogger the dreamer said...

wow.
beautiful imagery.

and thanks for the vid.
oh, do i miss the holy land!

May 06, 2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

swfm...
did u manage to hold out?

bas_melech
well if u dont like crowds..then you'd best stay away..
It certainly is a spirtiual experience if youre in the right frame of mind...

anonym00kie...
well..theres always next year..

towik...
lol..well u have an unfair advantage over us americans..

chana...
:-)

bas_melech..
so what was the first thing u listened to?

chaya...
Thanks..

bas...
well the majority does seem to be chassidish...

lvnsm...
thanks
ur still young

dreamer...
thanks...
so do I..

May 06, 2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Yes I did hold out, yay I controlled myself.:)

May 07, 2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger the dreamer said...

swfm - good for you!
:)

May 07, 2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger exsemgirl said...

You actually got in there??

My dad got caught in a fight there...
Its a crazy crush....

May 07, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

swfm...
lol so what was the first thing u listened to?
(after this clip..of course)

ex-sem...
Oh yea..I pushed and pushed..and pushed..and got crushed..but i got right up to the kever..
Thats what I meant by u gotta look inside..inside..past all the madness....

May 07, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

The radio whatever song was on, and lots of songs I didn't like were on so it took a while to get a really good song which was annoying but then it was worth the wait.

May 07, 2007 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home