Friday, October 24, 2008

afterthought


The other night...
I left the festive dining room..
Bathed in yellow..bright..chatter
To fetch a bottle from the garage..
A bottle of soda...in the cold dark..
musty garage..in moonlight..
silvery...faint light...silence
muffled..flitered chatter..
....pausing
at the splintered dusty..
wooden shelf..
next to the rusty
....tools..
I saw..you..laying there...
Deathly pale...haphazardly..
Just 3 days ago...
You were...
...you were so alive...
In my hands...
Close to my heart...
Like flesh and blood...warm..
Sweet scent..vibrant..
My lips..on your smooth surface...
Breathing in your life...
...yellow and green...
tall and beautiful..
...and there you are....
Pale...cold...
alone..
First signs of decay...
In the pale moonlight...
I suddenly caught a chill...
Clutched the bottle...
And emerged..
Back into the warm
yellow chatter...


.

Labels: