Thursday, September 03, 2009

8 pints




the rain falls...
drop
... by

.... drop..
JOltInG me...with cold
tiny stabs...at first...
ssslowly..cold to cool..
rivulets..down my skin
absorbed into pores..
becoming blood...
My blood....(I think)
......8 pints of life
2 bottles of coca cola
keep this machine running...
this machine that is me..
And as it seeps out
of the stab wound..(how?)
I see you watching..
hoRRified...gripping yourself
as if..trying to somehow..
hold your own blood in place...
Your own 2 liter bottle..
Its the last thing I see..
Before 4 pints...
flow out of me..
..just like crazy that!
taking my soul..
soul...that is suddenly
......trapped in that
oh so nauseatingly sweet
Bottle of Coca Cola*





*Coca Cola is a trade mark of the Coca Cola company




.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous jack said...

what the....?!

were you at the scene of a crime?!

September 04, 2009 3:14 PM  
Blogger corner point said...

Um....

I read this a few times...
and have NO IDEA what you meant....

Care to explain..?

(Sounds cool, tho...;-)...)

September 06, 2009 1:52 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Actually..yes
I once saw someone who had just been stabbed..and he was laying there..confused..medics trying to stem the bleeding to no avail...you could see the color and life just draining from his face..

I often think of that...and think of the fragility of life..
how..4 pints of blood leaves...and everything shuts down..and sort of ran with the idea of the amount of blood that roughly fits into a 2 liter bottle of coke..
and how,,,at the moment before death...how suddenly repulsive the body..(the coke bottle) would seem...nauseatingly sweet....

September 06, 2009 2:26 PM  
Blogger corner point said...

Wow...

But cool...
And...kinda gross.


You sure have some interesting takes on life, man

;-)

September 06, 2009 5:12 PM  
Anonymous eve said...

wow, i agree.

your takes ROCK.
:)

September 06, 2009 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home